ARLINGTON COMMUNITY PRESCHOOL
Academic excellence with Spanish immersion!
We teach language development and listening skills that include color words, shapes, animals, transportation, countries, community helpers, health, safety, manners and science. Many songs are learned to reinforce language development and other concepts.
The children learn to identify and write numerals 0-20, counting, recognizing number order, creating and matching sets. We help them understand the concepts of more, less and zero; simple addition of sets and numbers; and awareness of numbers in the world around them.
Specifically, we plan activities:
- To provide experiences that allow a child to learn to be with other children.
- To promote an interest and joy in learning.
- To develop security and a feeling of success with non-family members.
- To develop self-expression.
- To develop creativity.
- To develop responsibility for self, others and possessions.
- To provide a successful transition from the home environment to school.
- To promote spiritual development through Bible stories and faith-application.
- Phonics & Reading
- Recognition of name, sound and picture of long and short vowels and consonants.
- Sounding of blends and one and two vowel words.
- Reading of simple sentences and familiar sight words.
- Writing of upper and lowercase letters.
- Writing of name.